Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Phase I Week 2

I don't have as much actual painting progress this week as I would like to have shown, but I made some incremental steps:

Grey Knights Terminator character
:

I originally got this model as a blister and started converting him for a chaos model that I had an idea for. But the model just wasn't working--I filed off most of the GK iconography, but he still just looked like a GK with his iconography filed off, and not like a chaos lord. So now that I'm using GK terminators, I refitted him for Imperial duty again.

So this guy has a greenstuff tabard and some extra gubbins to cover up the bits that were filed off. After I remembered a Black Gobbo article here that explained how to make greenstuff rope, I put in the obligatory bookmarks on his chest-book. It turned out to be ridiculously easy to sculpt rope from greenstuff, by the way.


These are the inquisitorial stormtroopers that I have cleaned and assembled so far. Not too impressive yet, but it's the kind of boring yet meticulous work that it's hard to get motivated on.

So since I don't have much painting to show this week, I'm taking Jarrett's suggestion and including the tentative version of the first army list in this blog update:

HQ:
-Inquisitor lord with inquisitorial firebase (3 gun servitors, 2 mystics, 2 sages, 3 familiars, 1 acolyte), psychic hood, null rod, psycannon
-GK Terminator captain/master with psycannon and retinue of 2 GK terminators, one with psycannon.

Elites:
-GK Terminator unit, 3 strong, with brother captain and 2 psycannons
-Culexus assassin
-Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor with incinerator (rides with stormtroopers)

Troops:
-Inquisitorial stormtroopers X8 with 2 Grenade Launchers
-Inquisitorial stormtroopers X6 with 2 flamers in a rhino
-Inquisitorial stormtroopers X6 with plasma & melta in a rhino
-Ash Waste Armored fist squad with autocannon, plasma & chimera
-Ash Waste Armored fist squad with autocannon, flamer & chimera

Heavy:
-Leman Russ MBT, hull HG & no sponsons
-GK dread with lascannon/ML
-GK dread with assault cannon, incinerator

Fast:
-Sentinel w/ heavy flamer & improved comms
-~6 Ash waste roughriders (on IG jetbikes) with hunting lances

That's probably more than 1850, but it's what I'm currently planning to paint. Some stuff will be tweaked in or out.

That's it for this week, except the teaser photo below. Now that I know how insanely easy it is to sculpt rope, I can fix up the look of the harness on my Ash Waste "demolizard charge" test model.

No comments: